Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happiness

This November I've thought a lot about happiness. I've learned to realize that happiness is spending time and going through journeys with the ones that you love. Since Bailey was born, we've never taken another day for granted and hope that we never will. Motherhood is the most amazing and hardest thing ever! But even if she's been screaming all day long when she gives me the gummy smile, or takes a nap for longer than an hour, it makes it all worth it. I think God created babies that they have to nap. Even the most colicky baby you will miss if they sleep for more than an hour. We love our Bai and are excited for our lives with hers. As this Thanksgiving approaches these are the things I am so thankful for..

My house for looking like this..

My hubbyThe opportunity we have to be in school right now during this economy. Yesterday as I was driving through New Haven, I saw a man digging through the trash just for bottles to get a 5 cent refund on. This normally doesn't disturb me that much, but this man wasn't raggedy and homeless looking. He looked like a middle class normal man that the economy obviously affected.

Our great friends here in New Haven that makes up our family away from our family. Without our great friends, this holiday would be a lot harder than it is. And I know that when we come to visit here in years to come, it won't be the same New Haven as we remember it because most of our family here will be gone and done with school.

And finally

need I say more?

1 comments:

Tammy said...

Being a mom is really the best thing ever huh! Looks like you are enjoying what is most important!