Monday, November 9, 2009

Guilty Pleasures

So, in my family (this might just be me and Mallari) we love our Christmas Music. We love anything to do with Christmas and I know that she's been to the store to buy Christmas movies already this year (nothing wrong with that). So I loved that year round, FM100.com had Christmas songs that you could listen to even in July. All the songs are just so cheery, and there is no station that has all happy songs. So this year I did have to wait until after Halloween for FM100 to put up their Christmas Music, and I feel a little bad about it this year. People make such a issue with listening to Christmas Music before Thanksgiving. I am here to clear it once and for all. We listen to the music because it makes us happy. It doesn't make us any less American or Thankful when Thanksgiving comes around. I have all my Thanksgiving decorations up and we are thankful people. I'm just really thankful for Christmas Music. One month isn't enough to listen to all the beautiful music about our Savior (and some about Santa). And that's why we ungrateful people listen to Christmas Music this early.

PS this is by Makayla because I had to beg Kyle to let me listen to Christmas Music this early.

3 comments:

Shorter family said...

Well since there isn't really any Thanksgiving music I think that is perfectly fine! (My hubby wont let me listen to Christmas music until after Thanksgiving either) Ba humbug!

Lisa said...

Listening to Christmas music this early is JUST FINE! The stores put up Christmas stuff even before Halloween is over. If they can do it than why can't everybody else? I was actually looking for Christmas movies on Ebay recently. Nothing like the good ol' classic Christmas movies!!

Jamie Goudy said...

In my singles ward we used Christmas hymns for our rest hymn year round. I loved it. Singing "Joy to the World" in July is just as fun as in December.