Thursday, November 20, 2008

Beeca's visit!

So a few weeks ago, I know I'm slow, Jacob (Kyle's brother AKA beeca) came to visit us! It was our second family visit since we've been here, but our first family visit since our stuff has been here. It was nice to have a family member here, and it made me realize that I'd been too busy to get homesick. Well now that everything is slowing down and we're making it into the end of November and December, I'm starting to get homesick.

Those of you away from your homes know what I'm talking about this time of year. I miss the snow and being around family this time of year. Growing up in Wyoming, 3 feet of snow was common from October until April. Utah has a little less, but here, I think they only get slush. That means no snowboarding on natural snow, just man made, and no snowmen! But I am feeling the cold bite of the winter coming here. Yesterday it was only 29 degrees at 5:00 pm, of course the sun had set an hour before, so that might be the reason why, but still brrrrr! Those of you from Connecticut, what is there to do in winter that might keep us busy?!

Well family, we miss you terribly and want more of you to come out here!

2 comments:

Cindy and Phil said...

Can't wait to see you at Christmas!!! It is hard to be away from friends and family. You learn not to take the little things for granted:)Glad to hear you are staying busy...until our next Skype:):):)

i'm h.mac said...

you get to fall deeper in love, cause there's not a whole lot else to do! i remember a week in february where we didn't break 10 degrees, i didn't leave the house for 10 days, my eyeballs would freeze! we always had to get to each others apartments thru the basements. but use the community center a lot for parties, have lots of dinners with friends and go to SWEET HARMONY a lot! you haven't seen cold yet honey!