Friday, September 5, 2008

Dead Car and HAZMAT

After 5 hours of studying today, I think I'll update our blog since Makayla is still at work. This week has been a fun one as I have now made it through the first week of classes. We wanted to share a couple experiences from this week.

On Monday we had a Labor Day barbecue with my class and we were on our way to it and stopped at Walmart to get some chips. We were in there for maybe 10 minutes, came out and our car battery was completely dead. I knew this would be coming sometime soon because it was the original battery (6 years) and I have also been noticing slower start times, so I was pretty sure what it was. We asked a security guard who was patrolling the lot if he would help us jump it. Then we drove to the party and turned off the car and tried to start it and it was still completely dead. After another jump and $87 later, we again have a working car! We had a barbecue later that evening with our neighbors as well.

On Tuesday night there was sort of kickoff party for the School of Medicine so Makayla and I went to that. (who can resist free food!) It was in an outside courtyard behind a builing and the fire alarm went off, so we had to go back through the building and out the front entrance. I guess it was a chemical spill of some sort and there were fire trucks and ambulances, so it must have been a bit serious.

Thursday I got fed breakfast and a way nice lunch again by the School of Medicine, so its been pretty nice. I love Yale and any activities that we have with the med students!

I'm just trying to get a regular study schedule down so I can get into a rythm and it's been a pretty good week. Next week will be a better indication. I could go on forever but I guess that's enough for now! Oh, one more thing, there was a representative from the Disabilities office talking to our program about study skills and she mention that the PA program was probably the most difficult program at the univerisity! That made me feel better! Later!

1 comments:

Karah said...

Hey Kyle! I found your blog on the West's and was excited to see what you're up to since I haven't seen you in ages. Congrats on snagging such a cute, supportive wife and getting into PA school!