Tuesday, September 30, 2008

And Life Goes On...

So we've been here for almost 2 months now! Wow. We still aren't moved in completely yet, but we're slowly working on it. That's our "Family Home Evening" every monday. I think Kyle is expecting to come home one day and see everything unpacked and this wonderful home he has, but after my bum hip acted up, my suprises are limited. However this week we got most of the office moved in, I think that we are focusing on that, because after 8 months in our last apartment, it still wasn't moved in. Next up is our bedroom which suprisingly got pushed back to the end of the list, mainly because no one besides Kyle and I see that room. But that's our progress so far. I'm still busy as ever at work. Today was d-day because we had a system conversion, (for you friends at DFCU, theirs isn't as bad as ours was, sorry) and of course they put the "new girl" on the drive-up so if people get mad at the long line of cars, I can just explain how slow I am because I'm new right?? Life is different here, coming from a world of sheltered life to people asking me how I can share my husband with other wives (usually a sarcastic remark comes from me at this point) is so hard. But it does have its advantages. People at my work really stick up for me, especially they know I don't drink or have coffee, and I can't really say that they are curious, but they are noticing I'm different. Kyle I know is having fun at school, and suprisingly he has more days off than the whole 'scary' program led us to believe. Almost enough where I want to quit my job and hang out with him all day, but this way I'm at work til 6 and he can study all day long. (lucky!) He comes home everyday telling me cool things he learns. Half the stuff he has to show me because I don't know medical things like him, but its cool to see him so excited about seeing a pacemaker and his curiousity of human life and everything! His teachers are very impressed by him and I"m so proud that he's going for what he wants to do in life.

This weekend was a blast. We decided 3 weeks ago that we needed some time to go and think at the temple. So we set last saturday to be the day to go after I work (again). So of course we were in the midst of Hurricane Kyle all weekend (Kyle has been thrilled this year because he was going to get a stormed named after him) so it was a complete downpour, but still makes life interesting. So we headed out and the temple was closing at 3, so we had to hurry. We made it about 20 minutes before the session and in the locker room I heard one of my friend's voices, so that was fun, out of the 7 people there, 4 of them were from our ward. But after that we found somewhere to eat, and I decided that my body wanted Queso from Chili's!! So we ended up there which was good and we checked into our $60 motel, which suprisingly was not bad for that price. And sunday was a day I needed. We met my sister in Boston, her getaway before she has another baby, and we partied. Kinda, we went to church and walked all around the city catching up on things. But sadly we had to leave halfway through the day because Kyle had an appointment, but still good to see family.

Well that's the latest in our lives. Just waiting to get to the doctor about my bum hip so I can walk again! For now I'll just sit in my nice office chair I just bought and roll around the house ;)

2 comments:

Seth, Keri, Con and Finn said...

I am so happy to get an update. I have been wondering how things are going! Aside from your hip, things sound good :) Yeah stinking conversion! You know whats funny-we had another small conversion this weekend in OSI and things are kind of screwed up again! Not as bad as the initial conversion but still..lame! Anywho, glad to hear you are doing good. We miss you!

Whitney said...

.. hut hum . ..*cough*cough* .. pictures of the hair?? when you look like a babe you gotta flaunt what you got :) (wink, wink)