Saturday, August 8, 2009

2 Weeks Notice & the sickies

So last Friday I finally got to put in my 2 weeks notice! I was so excited, not that I hate working, I just 'disliked' working there. So as my boss was a little shocked they were really good about it because they knew that Kyle had some time off in August and I wanted to spend it with him. But now that I'm finally about to taste freedom, the sickies have hit our house. I was fine, but Kyle was sick the past 2 weeks. Then last friday, I was so happy when I came home from work, I accidentally kissed him, not thinking about the consequences of that mistake. Sure enough 3 days later my throat started to throb. I tried to stick it out at work this week, it being one of my last and all, but today it just got too much and I had to call out sick. At least they know that I'm really sick. So here we are with the sickies, and last Saturday Kyle had that chance to go fishing in the Atlantic, so he decided that he didn't feel TOO sick to do that (who would?). So he caught 2 flounder, one was 26'' and one was 22''. We ate that for Saturday night and Sunday night, then realized that an overload of fish with a pregnant woman was not the greatest idea, so the rest is in the freezer just waiting for next week. So each of these fish slabs are just 1/4 of a fish...impressive right? And also here we are at 31 weeks, and we only have 9 weeks left to go! We are so excited, and maybe this flu sickies will go away by the time the baby comes. I would like some freedom before then.

0 comments: