Sunday, August 10, 2008

We're finally here!

Well we all made it to Yale ok! Well.... Kyle and I did, we're not sure when our things will be here but we're here and we have enough to get us through. The first day we were lucky to have my Dad, Cindy, Korahle, and Casey to be coming with us. They drove all the way to Cheyenne with us, and then headed down south to go pick up a Harley! We ended the first night in North Platte, NE. We really didn't feel like we accomplished much, but I think that that's the farthest we drove of all the days. The second day we drove by ourselves to Princeton, IL. That was a blessing because my mom got us a nice hotel room for a senior citizen discount, either that or the girl was on something because my mom didn't recall getting it for that cheap. We didn't care! But we did notice on the side of our car was a small dent and a really funny thing happened. I was driving down the road, trying to give Kyle a break and a coyote ran out of nowhere and hit US! It ran into the side of us! The dent isn't big enough to report to the insurance company, but it does have a good story behind it. So the third day we were driving and we stopped and the college football hall of fame in South Bend, IN. We were there for a couple hours and once we got on the road we realized we weren't going to make it to our goal town tonight so we were looking at the map deciding if we wanted to stop at 9:00 or at 10:00 that night. We originally said every night at 9:00 we would make sure we are stopped, but something keep telling me to go a little further that night, and this is one of the rare times I listen to my gut! So we drove until late that night and pulled up to the "Traveler's Delite" hotel that we were planning on staying at, luckily we didn't give them a reservation, because when we got there it was a bar with three rooms on the back of it. So for $20 more, we stayed at the Comfort Inn which was a really nice hotel and the lady there gave us a discount as well. Well following my gut paid off, because as we started driving, Banks that I applied to months ago started calling me. New Alliance bank called me and set up an interview for Monday and Bank of America set up a phone interview for Friday. So I was getting really excited because the things I've been worrying about for the last couple months were getting close and I almost had a job. However, New Alliance Bank called back about 15 minutes later asking if I could possibly come in today, because if they would offer me the position, I would be starting on Monday! So Kyle stepped on the gas and we didn't stop the whole day. We got to New Haven and picked up our apartment key and went straight to my interview. Everything went well and thankfully my mom gave me some clothes before I left that had some slacks in there. So I had some clothes to look good and then they were doing some research on me and kept calling me on Friday, then they offered me the job! So I actually have a job where I can bring in some income, and take one class at Yale! Well audit one class, I get to sit in on it, but I don't get credit, just a good way to keep up my French. So I'll be working 27 hours a week and because they feel bad for me because I'm putting Kyle through school, they will let me work as much as I can and after six months, they will promote me either to a full time teller or work out on the floor oopening new accounts and doing loans! Well that's what's new in our life!

2 comments:

Seth, Keri, Con and Finn said...

Awesome! I am so glad you made it there okay and you have a job! You will have to keep me updated how that goes. It can't possibly be as good as DFCU but I hope it's close:) Best of luck on your first day! We all miss you around here.

Anonymous said...

It was such a relief to know you make it across the country safely...even if you will be waiting for your stuff for 3 weeks.

Mom and dad may have their consruction project done by the time you get your belongings.

We missed you at Demmek's birthday party today.

Love ya,
Jamie